Monday, October 27, 2008

Oktoberfest, Torrence, CA

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
-Benjamin Franklin

I actually do not drink beer, for the most part, so I was happy to hear when Claire and Charlie suggested that we go to a beer fest that it only cost $5.00 to get in. After all, most beer fests cost $20 to $30 just to get in. I was even happier when I went inside to find that wine was available as well.

This Sunday, I went with Claire and Charlie and their friends Catherine and Adam to "the oldest Oktoberfest in Southern California": Oktoberfest at Alpine Village in Torrence. Angel City Brewing provided the beer.

It was kind of like attending a large Bavarian-themed wedding complete with event tent, Om Pa Pa band, yodeling contest, brats, kraut, strudel, and traditional dress. And what's up with the chicken hats? I don't know, but I can tell you that this year's most frivolous purchase -by yours truly - took place at Oktoberfest. At the time, I was imagining all of the other occasions when a chicken hat comes in handy...snowboarding, Halloween, Thanksgiving, ...

Claire and Charlie

Charlie, Claire, Adam, and Catherine in front of Alpine Village's driving school.










No comments: