Saturday, August 22, 2009

Steve's Long Weekend

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
~J. Lubbock

Sometimes you just need a little time off. Steve who has been diligently saving days off for when the babies arrive and who has, at work, been on a team that has been down one person for some time, was a little fried and decided to take an extra day off last week and play with me. I have to admit, it was good for me to - to get in some play time with Steve before the babies arrive.

Our adventures aren't epic these days - we look for mellow fun close to home since I'm so slow and, well, pregnant - but sometimes silly adventures are the best. On Steve's Friday off, we went to the Butterfly Pavilion in Broomfield, which we jokingly (nerdily?) call the Papillon (French for butterfly, pronounced pap-E-on) Pavilion (pav-E-on) whenever we drive by. Us and droves of preschoolers, oh, and butterflies. Later that day Steve indulged my desire to do a paddle boat ride on Lake Waneka in neighboring Lafayette. I couldn't even paddle because of my big belly. Poor Steve: my workhorse. The last two pictures in this blog were taken on a trail in the town to our west, Superior.

Butterfly Pavilion, Broomfield







Lake Waneka, Lafayette
Captain Steve


(Steve wanted to paddle the pirate ship and I wanted to ride in the pink flamingo, but we got the dragon instead. Still fun!)

Single Tree Trail, Superior

No comments: