Sunday, June 1, 2008

One Year in Colorado June 1, 2007 - June 1, 2008

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”

-Lance Armstrong


A few pictures from my year in review:


The Boulder Outlook Hotel, a zero waste hotel and my home during the first weekend in Boulder. Steve was still in New York.


The Charles Manson image that was on the bathroom wall in the dusty, creaky, creepy first apartment I lived in for two days, but couldn't hack. Steve was still in New York

My peaceful haven. The second apartment I lived in temporarily in a fortuitous instance of mutual benefit. I lived in the basement of a Buddhist couple's home - a professor of Jungian psychology and a glider pilot. Much better. Steve was still in New York.

Where I now live in a mixed-income, mixed-use community built to enhance density and conserve land. Another basement in the home of a professor of world dance.


Steve finally arrived in CO one week after I moved in. Here the left-handed man drinks Left Hand beer. Left Hand is the translation for Niwot, the famous Boulder area Arapaho leader.


Steve and I started to explore as much as possible realizing just how much awaited discovery.

We discovered that all the hype was true in regards to the Purple Mountains Majesty, the little mountain towns, the hot springs, the rivers, the...

And friends and loved ones began to show up.

Ann.


Mom.

Claire and Charlie

Steve's Mom.



Claire and Charlie, Kate and Paul, and Neil. (Missing from photo: Paul (Sick), Neil (stranded in the mountains). In New Year's photo L to R: Kate, Steve, me, Claire, Kate's cousin, Kate, Charlie, Tamtam, and Karen.

And last, but certainly not least, Gramma.





This year, sadly, we also lost our precious Tunsa.


In January, I sustained a concussion while snowboarding that led to a neck injury that I'm finally almost healed from.


It has certainly been a mixed year, but I'm already looking forward to year two and all that it will bring in terms of adventure, belonging, opportunity and healing.

Thanks everyone for your love, friendship and support!

No comments: